I’m so proud to announce that the fully-revised and updated 2nd edition of my much-loved book, ‘Living the Life Unexpected’ is being published by Bluebird (PanMacmillan) in the UK on 19 March 2020. With fifty (I know, fifty!) prestigious endorsements inside the front and back jacket, a lovely new cover, a new subtitle, How to Find Hope, Meaning and a Fulfilling Future Without Children, and new content, (including a new introduction from me which outlines what’s new), I hope you’ll find it exciting whether you’re a returning reader or a brand new one.
25+ chances to win a personally dedicated and signed copy of the new edition.
To celebrate and support the launch of this new edition, I’m deeply honoured that many of my wonderful peers from the CNBC (childless-not-by-choice) community around the world have agreed to take part in a blogtour from 1-19th March. As well as publishing a blog with their reflections about the book on the dates below, each of them will also be offering you the chance to win a free copy of my book – personally dedicated, signed and mailed by me to you with love.
As I write in the new introduction:
It is my deepest wish that you find your place in this world again through the pages of this book, and that your dream of motherhood can be put to rest with the tenderness and love it deserves. Letting go of hope when you can’t see any other kind of hope ahead is terrifying, like swimming away from the shore in the dark without any idea when you’ll reach land again. Let this book be your lighthouse; let it be your hope in the dark. Those of us who’ve already made this trip are waiting for you on the other side, and many others are in the water alongside you, each feeling that they’re swimming alone. But you’re not alone. Welcome to your Tribe.
If you’d prefer to pre-order for despatch/collection on 19 March, here’s the link for UK bookstores/online retailers. And if you’re one of my international readers, you can order your copy for despatch from the UK via Amazon.co.uk or The Book Depository (for free international delivery). And don’t forget you can get a sneak preview of the new introduction and chapter 1 here.
How does the blogtour work?
Each day, I’ll update the links to the websites below to take you directly to the post on the individual blogger’s site. Before publication, the link will take you to their webpage where you can also sign up to receive their posts by email (if they offer that) so that you’ll be amongst the first to know when their blog goes live. You can also follow on Instagram @GatewayWomen where I’ll also post links to each blog as it’s published.
- March 1st – this blog to kick off the tour!
- March 2nd – Lisa Manterfield (US) of Life Without Baby with Living the Life Unexpected
- March 2nd – The Full Stop Podcast blog (UK) on Why You Need to be Living the Life Unexpected
- March 2nd – Berenice Smith (UK) from Walk In Our Shoes with ‘‘Living The Life Unexpected’ by Jody Day – newly updated and extraordinarily diverse
- March 3rd – Sarah Roberts (AUS) at The Empty Cradle with The blessing of CNBC sisters…
- March 3rd – Katy Lindemann (UK) at The Uber Barrens Club with #LTLU: Living the Life Unexpected – Blog Tour
- March 4th – Katy (US) at Chasing Creation with Book Review: Living the Life Unexpected
- March 5th – Lizzie Lowrie (UK) author of ‘Salt Water and Honey’ with When do you draw the line and stop trying to have kids?
- March 6th – Katherine Baldwin (UK) with The Life That Hasn’t Gone to Plan
- March 7th – Bamberlamb (UK) at ‘It’s Inconceivable’ with Living the Life Unexpected – Jody Day
- March 8th – Jackie Shannon Hollis (US), author of ‘This Particular Happiness: A Childless Love Story’ with Living the Life Unexpected
- March 9th – Catherine-Emmanuelle Delisle (CA) at FemmeSansEnfant.com with Gagnez Une Copie de la Nouvelle Edition du Livre de Jody Day
- March 10th – Tessa Broad (UK) author of “Dear You” with Living the Life Unexpected
- March 11th – Lori (CA) at The Road Less Travelled with Living the Life Unexpected – Jody Day
- March 12th – Lesley Pyne (UK) Author of ‘Finding Joy Beyond Childlessness’ with Are You Living the Life Unexpected?
- March 12th – Yvonne John (UK) at Finding My Plan B with Grieving as a Black Woman
- March 13th – Sarah Lawrence (UK) at After The Storm with Win a free, signed copy of ‘Living the Life Unexpected’ by Jody Day
- March 13th – Anne Brock (US) at Living in the Midst with Living the Life Unexpected
- March 14th – Vickie + Michael (AUS) at Married and Childless with Our Gracious Stateswoman
- March 14th – Gloria Labay Rodriguez (ES) at La Vida Sin Hijos with Viviendo la Vida Inesperada
- March 15th – Meriel Whale (UK), counsellor for childlessness with Hope is the Thing with Feathers
- March 16th – Kate Kaufmann (US) author of ‘Do You Have Kids? Life When the Answer is No’ with Resources Abound! A New Edition from Jody Day
- March 17th – Sarah Chamberlain (US) of Infertility Honesty with Precious Visibility
- March 18th – Pamela Tsigdinos (US) of Silent Sorority with Living the Life Unexpected
- March 18th – Sue Fagalde Lick (US) at Childless by Marriage with Jody Day’s Book Nails the Childless Story
- March 18th – Brandi Lytle (US) at Not So Mommy with Thoughts on “Living the Life Unexpected,” Jody Day’s New 2020 Edition
- March 19th – Jody’s blog When the Title of Your Book Becomes the Same as the News: Reflections on Childlessness During a Pandemic.
Even more ways to win a copy!
- Leave a comment below saying that you’d like to win today’s free copy (Sunday 1st March) and I’ll choose a winner at random on 20th March and email you.
- Repost one of my posts over on the Gateway Women Instagram feed @GatewayWomen between 1st-19th March and I’ll choose one repost at random on 20th March and will send you an Instagram private message to let you know you’ve won.
- Sign up to Gateway Women’s free webinar on ‘Coping with Mother’s Day‘ on 14th March and I’ll choose one name at random on 20th March and will email you.
- Join us as a member of the Gateway Women private online community before 19th March and add your name to the list of members that would like the chance to win a copy. On 20th March I’ll choose a member at random from that list and let them know by private message within the community. (This offer is open to both existing and new members). By joining us you’ll also be able to take part in our member-only UK Mother’s Day live support chat on Sunday 22nd March, 7am-midnight (which we’ll also be doing on International Mother’s Day on May 10).
- Listen to the Mother’s Day episode of The Full Stop Podcast on Sunday 15th March for a chance to win!
As I write in the introduction, this is a book about hope. Not the kind of hope that most people tell us we ‘mustn’t give up’ but a new kind of hope for a new kind of life after the death of our dream of motherhood. Because, as I write: