Gateway Women Ltd (“We”) has always been, and remains, committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We understand how sensitive the subject of childlessness is.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.gateway-women.com or attending any online or in-person event, workshop or using any other online or in-person service organised by Gateway Women Ltd, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
- Gateway Women Ltd is a UK limited company, registered in England and Wales.
- Registration number: 0820 9735
- Registered UK office: 14 Cecil Road, Hale, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA15 9PA.
- Data Controller: Company Director: Jody Day firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive, seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain such as Companies House data.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms at www.gateway-women.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you, subscribe to our newsletter, sign up to receive the blog by email, comment on a post or page using the comment box, sign up to join the Gateway Women online community, apply for a place on a workshop, course or event and in other ways. The information you give us may include your name, age, year of birth, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, personal information about your fertility and personal history, your Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus or Twitter IDs and other types of personal information.
Information we collect about you:
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and any server errors or access logins for diagnosis and repair;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other services we provide, for instance, any information collected about you from third-party sites will be governed by their privacy policies and you should read their terms carefully before accessing this content.
We use the following third-party websites which collect data, although we have no influence over what data each collects, or provides to us. This list is not exhaustive. We will update as and when the way we administer data using third-party services changes.
- MightyNetworks (to host the private Gateway Women online communities) https://www.mightynetworks.com/
- Google Drive (for maintaining lists of workshop attendees and other company data) http://drive.google.com
- Gmail G-Suite Email (for email communications with you) http://www.gmail.com
- Meetup.com (for Gateway Women meetups) across the world http://www.meetup.com
- Facebook.com (to administer the public Gateway Women Facebook page) http://www.facebook.com
- Acuity (for appointment bookings) https://acuityscheduling.com/
- PayPal (for sending and receiving payments) http://www.paypal.com
- ChargeBee (for membership payment management for the MightyNetwork communities) http://www.chargebee.com
- Stripe (for receiving credit and debit card payments) https://stripe.com
- MailChimp (for maintaining our electronic mailing lists) http://www.mailchimp.com
- WordPress (to host the Gateway Women website): http://www.wordpress.org
- Typeform (to create bespoke forms to collect data for membership applications for courses) http://www.typeform.com
- Zapier (to combine data for display on the Gateway Women website and to manage memberships) www.zapier.com
- Twitter (to communicate using the @gatewaywomen Twitter account) www.twitter.com
- Instagram (to communicate using the @gatewaywomen Instagram account) http://www.instagram.com
- This list of third-party apps and services changes regularly and we will update it in a timely manner when it does.
We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
The information you give to us:
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may combine this information with information you give to us and the information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share the bare minimum of your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. We would inform you of such and you would be able to remove your information before this happened if you wished.
- If Gateway Women Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets. We would inform you of such and you would be able to remove your information before this happened if you wished.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secured servers, such as our webserver which hosts this website. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Requests for further information and customer satisfaction
Where you confirm you would like to receive further information or contact Gateway Women Ltd (for example, by submitting your information through the contact forms on the website), Gateway Women Ltd, our associated companies and partner organisations will only contact you if you have opted in or indicated you want to receive information and further contact from the company or its representatives.
Accordingly, Gateway Women, or those acting on its behalf may, from time to time, contact you and ask for comments on the services provided by Gateway Women. In addition, Gateway Women Ltd, associated companies and partner organisation may contact you with information and products, services, updates and other issues the company believes may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving these communications at any time, following the steps described below in the “Your rights” section.
Access to Personal Information We Hold About You
You may have the right to access the Personal Information we Process about you. Please note that any request to access or obtain copies of your Personal Information must be made in writing (by email is fine) and we may, depending on the applicable law, be entitled to charge a nominal fee to cover some of our administration costs. We may also ask you to verify your identity and to provide further details about your request. Please contact us at email@example.com
Right to rectification
We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the Personal Information we retain about you. It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit true, accurate and complete information to us. You have the ability to change certain information we hold about you online through third parties such as MailChimp and your subscription preferences. We may from time to time send you an email update to remind you to tell us about any updates or changes to your Personal Information. You have the right to request that any inaccurate Personal Information held by or on behalf of us is corrected and any incomplete information is completed by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to erasure
You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information that we hold about you. If you would like us to erase the Personal Information that we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com
Right to restrict Processing
You have the right to restrict us from processing your Personal Information, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org where:
- you believe that the Personal Information held by us about you is not accurate, until we can verify the accuracy of such Personal Information;
- you believe that the processing of your Personal Information is unlawful;
- you believe that we no longer have any reason to Process your Personal Information, except for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal claims, or for complying with retention obligations e.g. under tax, commercial and employment law; and
- you object to the processing as described in the paragraph below, unless and until we can establish that we have legitimate grounds to continue processing your Personal Information.
Right to object to Processing
If you would like us to stop processing your Personal Information, you can request by contacting us at email@example.com
To unsubscribe from a marketing email, you can either click on the unsubscribe link in the email or, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line and she will manually remove you.
Right to Data Portability
You may have the right to receive your Personal Information in a format that would enable you to transmit such Personal Information to another company. You can request this by contacting us at email@example.com
by Jody Day on 25 November 2019.