JOIN US OR LOGIN IN AT WWW.GW-COMMUNITY.COM
Membership requirements The Gateway Women online community is for women who are permanently involuntarily childless - for any reason at all. It is not suitable for you if you are childless by choice (childfree), trying to conceive (TTC), planning or going through fertility treatments, considering or going through the adoption process or are struggling with secondary infertility. There are lots of other great online groups that would be a better fit for you and you can explore our list of resources here.
How do I join the Gateway Women Mighty Networks community? Our home on MightyNetworks can be joined by clicking here. As all applications are manually ID-checked, it can take up to 72 hours for you to get access the first time.
I’m already a member of the new community, how do I login? Either go to MightyNetworks.com and search for ‘Gateway Women’ or click www.gw-community.com to go straight there. (This links only works if you are already a member).
Membership Levels (All have the same levelo of access; all cards and currencies accepted)
- Full Membership is GBP£10 per month (or GBP£100 per annum, saving you GBP £20) with one free month to begin with. This is the membership level you will be on automatically for your first free month (no charge till the end of that free trial). If you wished to switch to an Alumni/Reduced membership or request a payment holiday, please let us know before your free trial ends.
- Alumni/Reduced Membership is GBP£5 per month (or GBP £60 per annum) with one free month to begin with. This can be for our Alumni Members who are in a better space with their childlessness these days and don’t visit often, but would like to support GW, and is also open to you if that suits your financial circumstances better.
- Payment holidays and/or free memberships upon request. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We understand that it can be very vulnerable to request one of these and will treat your request with sensitivity, discretion and compassion. You’re amongst friends now and we know how hard things can get for members of our Tribe.
- Manage your payment subscription yourself by logging into your Chargebee account. (This includes moving between monthly/annual subscriptions.
- Cancel your membership: Remember, if you’re leaving for financial reasons, please read the point above about ‘Payment Holidays’ and perhaps reconsider? Your membership is made up of two parts: the financial part is managed via Chargebee and you can login to your Chargebee account yourself and cancel that. We will then remove your access to the Mighty Networks online community when your paid-for membership expires. Just leaving the online community itself on MightyNetworks won’t let us know you’ve left us so either cancel your Chargebee subscription or email us at email@example.com and we will do that for you.
- All cards and currencies are supported (but not PayPal) and calculated automatically at checkout.
- Any questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As well being the only ID-checked childless support community (and NOT being on Facebook!) we have:
- Happy Hour Live Chats – friendly, live, informal, moderated chats on regular days/times each week. A great way to get to know other members informally.
- Round the Clock Support Chats – live, round-the-clock, moderated support chats on key days such as Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving and the Holidays.
- Online Courses – Jody is leading a year-long facilitated reading group for her book Living the Life Unexpected including videos, weekly prompts, a monthly live chat and online support – just for members. We’re planning other courses in the future.
- Special Interest Subgroups (links will only open for members) included in your membership such as:
- LTLU Reading Group for Jody’s Book (a guided reading group with videos and weekly prompts for those members working through Jody Day’s book Living the Life Unexpected: How to Find Hope, Meaning and a Fulfilling Future without Children);
- Nomo Tribe (a group for those members who are through the worst of their grief and fully embracing the ‘life unexpected’);
- Single Life (a group for our unpartnered members to share and support each other with the unique challenges of being both single and childless);
- LGBTQIA+ Group (a private group moderated by a therapist member and the only support for childless LGBTQIA+ community we are aware of);
- #WoC (a private group moderated by trained GW facilitator Yvonne John and focusing on the experience of childless black women and women of colour);
- Travel Buddies (a group for members planning trips together and sharing tips);
- GW Book Club (reading, sharing and discussing books we enjoy and that don’t end with a miracle baby story!)
- GW Writers Group (for members with a passion for creative writing);
- The Artists Way (a group for those members working together through Julia Cameron’s book ‘The Artist’s Way’
- GW Meetup Hosts (a private subgroup enabling us to communicate with and support our 100+ GW Meetup Hosts from around the world);
- Living with Chronic Illness/Disability (a private group which understands the extra layers of challenge and disenfranchisement that add to the experience of involuntary childlessness);
- Healing from Trauma (a group where we share resources for healing from all kinds of interpersonal trauma);
- HSP (a group for Highly Sensitive Persons moderated by a member who is a world leader on the subject);
- Biz Owners, Freelancers and Entrepreneurs (a group for members who are self-employed or freelance to support each other with business goals and tips);
- Radical Crones (our anti-ageism discussion group for those ageing without children, not without hope!);
- HR Huddle (a private group for HR, employment & other professionals working together to create systemic change in the workplace);
- GW Deutch/German (for our German-speaking members);
- GW Nederlands/Dutch (for our Dutch-speaking members);
- GW Espanol/Spanish (for our Spanish-speaking members);
- GW Francais/French (for our French-speaking members);
- Unlimited topics to create discussion spaces and the ability to only follow those that relate to you. So for example, you’ll be able to select all topics and see everything posted, or just those that apply to you at the moment, creating a customized experience that works for you, whatever stage you’re at.
Currently, our topic/discussion areas include:
- Grief & Loss
- Dealing with Other People
- Childless due to Infertility
- Childless by Circumstance
- Childless by Relationship
- Childless Stepmothers
- Women of Colour
- Childless Christians
- Soul Connection
- Self Care and Self Compassion
- Health & Wellbeing
- Workplace & Career
- Creatives Corner
- House & Home
- Find members near you so that you can create local connections or find each other whilst travelling. This will also make creating events and meeting up in person so much easier than using Meetup! (You can also disable this ‘location sharing’ feature if you wish.)
- Scheduled live chats with online members so that you can have real-time connection and support when you need it. And as we have 500+ members from around the globe, there’s bound to be someone online as you chat either individually or as a group. Finally an end to the hit and miss private messaging of both Google Plus and Meetup!
- Find and create live events easily including those organised by Gateway Women such as my public talks and the Reignite Weekends, as well as local, in-person get-togethers.
- Clear member guidelines to enable our community to continue to be the safe and non-judgemental space members have come to trust. In order to help members understand our ethos, we’ll have an online document that outlines it as well as a new ‘one-click’ way of reporting any posts or comments members are uncomfortable with.
- Sensitive and skilful moderation has been a hallmark of our community and we will continue to keep a clear and compassionate eye on everything that’s posted. We also plan to have a ‘secret’ moderators group where moderators can support each other away from the main space.
- A well-designed app so that you can enjoy all the functions and benefits of Gateway Women on the move, including being able to find each other by location on your phone. (This option can also be disabled).
- Document uploads directly to the community thus enabling us to share documents and information privately and safely such as our Christmas card address lists, and also work on projects and ideas together.
Any questions, concerns or wobbles please email us at email@example.com