Membership requirements The Gateway Women online community is for women who are involuntarily childless – for any reason at all.
It is not suitable for you if you are childless by choice (childfree), trying to conceive (TTC), planning or going through fertility treatments, considering/going through the adoption process or are struggling with secondary infertility. There are lots of other great online groups that would be a better fit for you and you can explore our list of resources here.
How do I join the Gateway Women Mighty Networks community? Our home on MightyNetworks can be joined by clicking here. As all applications are manually ID-checked, it can take up to 72 hours for you to get access the first time.
I’m already a member of the new community, how do I login? Either go to MightyNetworks.com and search for ‘Gateway Women’ or click www.gw-community.com to go straight there.
I’m a member and I’d like to leave, what do I do? Please email our Community Manager Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will sort that out for you.
- All membership levels have the same access to the GW Community, and all begin with a one-month free trial
- All cards and currencies are supported (but not PayPal) and calculated automatically at checkout.
- Full Membership is GBP£10 per month (or GBP£100 per annum) with one free month to begin with. This is the membership level you will be on automatically for your first free month (no charge till the end of that free trial).
- Alumni Membership is GBP£5 per month (or GBP £60 per annum) with one free month to begin with. This can be for our Alumni Members who are in a better space with their childlessness these days and don’t visit often, but would like to support GW, and is also open to you if that suits your financial circumstances better.
- Free Memberships upon request, at any time, for any length of time, if that suits your circumstances better. Please email Helen, our Community Manager to request this at email@example.com We understand that it can be very vulnerable to request one of these and will treat your request with sensitivity, discretion and compassion. YOu’re amongst friends now and we know how hard things can get for members of our Tribe.
- You can change levels at any time by emailing our Community Manager Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the first free month, you will automatically be on the “Full Membership” so let us know if during that time you wish to switch levels.
As well being the only ID-checked childless support community (and NOT being on Facebook!) we have:
- All our communities in one place including the main GW Community, Nomo Tribe, The ‘Living the Life Unexpected’ Reading Group, Alumni Groups for graduates of the Plan B Programmes, etc.
- Alumni Groups – for example, this will become the new home for our ‘Online Bee 2018’ and ‘Plan B 2017’ Alumni Groups and for those alumni from our Reignite Weekends who wish to remain connected to each other.
- Online Courses – Jody is leading a year-long facilitated reading group for her book Living the Life Unexpected including videos, weekly prompts, a monthly live chat and online support – just for members. We’re planning other courses in the future.
- Special Interest Subgroups including:
- German/French/Dutch/Spanish speaking groups;
- LGBTQIA+ Group
- Travel Buddies
- GW Writers Group
- GW Meetup Hosts
- Living with Chronic Illness/Disability
- Healing from Trauma
- HSP (Highly Sensitive Persons)
- Biz Owners, Freelancers and Entrepreneurs
- Fitness & Sports Group
- Unlimited topics to create discussion spaces and the ability to only follow those that relate to you. So for example, you’ll be able to select all topics and see everything posted, or just those that apply to you at the moment, creating a customized experience that works for you, whatever stage you’re at.
Currently our topic/discussion areas include:
- Grief & Loss
- Dealing with Other People
- Childless due to Infertility
- Childless by Circumstance
- Childless by Relationship
- Childless Stepmothers
- Women of Colour
- Childless Christians
- Soul Connection
- Self Care and Self Compassion
- Health & Wellbeing
- Workplace & Career
- Creatives Corner
- House & Home
- Find members near you so that you can create local connections or find each other whilst travelling. This will also make creating events and meeting up in person so much easier than using Meetup! (You can also disable this ‘location sharing’ feature if you wish.)
- Live chat with online members so that you can have real-time connection and support when you need it. And as we have 400+ members from around the globe, there’s bound to be someone online as you chat either individually or as a group. Finally an end to the hit and miss private messaging of both Google Plus and Meetup!
- Find and create live events easily including those organised by Gateway Women such as my public talks and the Reignite Weekends, as well as local, in-person get-togethers.
- Clear member guidelines to enable our community to continue to be the safe and non-judgemental space members have come to trust. In order to help members understand our ethos, we’ll have an online document that outlines it as well as a new ‘one-click’ way of reporting any posts or comments members are uncomfortable with.
- Sensitive and skilful moderation has been a hallmark of our community and we will continue to keep a clear and compassionate eye on everything that’s posted. We also plan to have a ‘secret’ moderators group where moderators can support each other away from the main space.
- A well-designed app so that you can enjoy all the functions and benefits of Gateway Women on the move, including being able to find each other by location on your phone. (This option can also be disabled).
- Document uploads directly to the community thus enabling us to share documents and information privately and safely such as our Christmas card address lists, and also work on projects and ideas together.
Any questions, concerns or wobbles please email our Community Manager Helen at email@example.com or contact Jody directly on firstname.lastname@example.org