WE HAVE CURRENTLY PAUSED ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS UNTIL 18TH JULY WHILST WE UNDERTAKE SOME MAJOR CHANGES!
You are still welcome to apply to join at www.gw-community.com and clear our ID-checks in preparation for us opening our doors again on 18th July. If you have a membership application in process, or have any questions about this, please email Sonia, our Community Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
This community is the world’s only ID-checked membership community for involuntarily childless women and has been running since 2012 offering unparalleled connection and inspiration (both online and in-person) in a carefully curated and sensitively moderated environment. It has 40+ subgroups (including in French, Spanish, Dutch & German) and a packed calendar full of member-only events and on the MightyNetworks platform (no Facebook! no ads!). It offers a free one-month trial followed by a sliding scale of memberships, including a donation level.
Membership requirements The online community is for women who are permanently involuntarily childless – for any reason at all. If you’re wondering if it’s right for you, please email us at email@example.com
This community is NOT suitable for you if you are childless by choice (childfree), trying to conceive (TTC), planning or going through fertility treatments, still hopeful of meeting a partner and having a family, still hopeful that your current partner might change their mind, considering or going through the fostering or adoption process or are struggling with secondary infertility. There are lots of other great online groups that would be a better fit for you and you can explore our list of resources here.
We also respectfully request that you do not join the community if you are a childless coach, therapist or service provider currently offering, or planning to offer such things as workshops, events, groups or communities, etc (either free or paid) for childless women. If you are unsure whether it would be appropriate for you to join, please email us first at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to advise.
I’m already a member, how do I login? Either go to MightyNetworks.com and search for ‘Gateway Women’ or click www.gw-community.com to go straight there. You can also download the MightyNetworks app on the Android or Apple app store and then search for ‘Gateway Women’. If you are unable to access the community, please email us at email@example.com and we will help!
How do I cancel my membership?: Please email Sonia at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can cancel your paid subscription on your behalf. Just leaving the online community itself won’t let us know you’ve left.
As well being the only ID-checked childless support community (and NOT being on Facebook!) we have:
- Gateway Global Zoom Cafes on the 2nd Saturday of each month and more often during triggering times of year, come and meet your tribe in our friendly, live, informal, well-moderated and boundaries Zoom chats. A great way to get to know other members and break the isolation that so many of us experience.
- Round the Clock Support Chats – live, round-the-clock moderated support chats on key days such as Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving and the Festive Season in December.
- Online Courses – Gateway Women’s Online Reignite Weekends (run to suit all timezones).
- Online Events and activities for our members including yoga classes, singing groups, online chanting, self-massage, member-led Zoom sessions for some of our subgroups and much, much more.
- Special Interest Subgroups (links will only open for members). We have 35+ subgroups and all are included in your membership. Many of them also host regular Zoom gatherings in addition to the Gateway. Here are some of them (and for a full list click here):
- LTLU Reading Group for Jody’s Book (a guided reading group with videos and weekly prompts for those members working through Jody Day’s book Living the Life Unexpected: How to Find Hope, Meaning and a Fulfilling Future without Children);
- The Single Life (a group for our unpartnered members to share and support each other with the unique challenges of being both single and childless. A couple of the most popular topics are the ‘Get Shit Done’ thread where members support each other with their weekly t0-do lists and Sunday Morning’ check-in to get a dose of some understanding company when the weekends feel a bit too long and quiet…):
- #MeNeither (a group for members who have never or rarely been partnered);
- Childless Only’s (a group for our members without siblings and who are ‘only’ children);
- Childless Couples (for our partnered members to share the ups and downs of being part of a childless couple);
- The Young & Childless (for our members in their 20s and 30s);
- Childless Stepmothers (for our members who are/were/will be stepmothers, whether officially or not);
- Childless Aunts & Godmothers (sharing the joys and challenges of being a childless aunt or godmother);
- Nomo Tribe (a group for those members who are through the worst of their grief and fully embracing the ‘life unexpected’);
- Workplace Changemakers (supporting changemakers actively involved in creating systemic change around childlessness in the workplace);
- Gateway Elderwomen (our anti-ageism discussion group for those ageing without children, not without hope!);
- Biz Owners, Freelancers and Entrepreneurs (a group for members who are self-employed or freelance to support each other with business goals and tips and get away from the tyranny of the ‘Mumpreneur’ tag!);
- Childless Adult Adoptees (for our members who were themselves adopted);
- LGBTQIA+ Group (a private group moderated by a therapist member and the only support for childless LGBTQIA+ community we are aware of);
- #WoC (a private group moderated by trained GW facilitator Yvonne John and focusing on the experience of childless black women and women of colour – the only one of its kind we’re aware of);
- Childless Mishpacha (for our Jewish members – and the only one of its kind that we know of);
- Childless Christians (for our Christian members – and the only one its kind that we know of);
- Childless Muslims (for our Muslim members – and the only one of its kind that we know of);
- Travel Buddies (a group for members planning trips together and sharing tips);
- Nomo Book Club (reading, sharing and discussing books we enjoy and that don’t end with a miracle baby story! Includes regular live Zoom Q&A’s with the authors);
- GW Writers Group (for members with a passion for creative writing);
- The Artists Way (a group for those members working together through Julia Cameron’s book ‘The Artist’s Way’
- Living with Chronic Illness/Disability (a private group that understands the extra layers of challenge and disenfranchisement these can add to the experience of involuntary childlessness);
- Healing from Trauma (a group where we share resources for healing from all kinds of interpersonal trauma);
- HSP (a group for Highly Sensitive Persons moderated by a member who is a world leader on the subject);
- Gateway Gatherings (our social gatherings for childless women, currently mostly online) for UK, Europe, Israel, USA, Canada, Australia & NZ
- GW Member Market (a group for our members to offer pre-approved events and offerings to each other including chanting circles, childless singing, childless yoga, self-massage and all kinds of wonderful things!)
- GW Deutch/German (for our German-speaking members);
- GW Nederlands/Dutch (for our Dutch-speaking members);
- GW Espanol/Spanish (for our Spanish-speaking members);
- GW Francais/French (for our French-speaking members);
- GW Italiano/Italian (for our Italian-speaking members)
- And more! See the full list here.
- Unlimited topics to create discussion spaces and the ability to only follow those that relate to you. So for example, you’ll be able to select all topics and see everything posted, or just those that apply to you at the moment, creating a customized experience that works for you, whatever stage you’re at. Currently, our topic/discussion areas include (and this is not the full list!)
- New to the Community
- Gateway Gatherings
- Resources for Childlessness
- Coping with Other People
- Other People’s Kids (see also our subgroup ‘Childless Stepmothers’)
- Friendship Issues
- Childless due to Infertility
- Childless by Circumstance
- Childless by Relationship
- Grief & Loss
- Solo GWs (see also our subgroup ‘The Single Life’)
- Ageing Without Children (see also our subgroup, ‘Conscious Childless Elderwomen’)
- Book, Film & TV Recommendations (see also our ‘Nomo Book Club’ for new non-triggering reads and monthly Zooms with the authors!)
- LGBTQIA+ (see also our private subgroup ‘LGBTQIA+ which is, as far as we know, the only group supporting childlessness for our lesbian, gay and bisexual sisters)
- Women of Colour (see also our private subgroup ‘Women of Colour’ hosted by GW facilitator and childlessness campaigner Yvonne John and the only such group we are aware of).
- Plan B (see also our subgroup, led by Jody Day, for those working through her book ‘Living the Life Unexpected’)
- Love, Sexuality & Intimate Relationships
- Comfort & Inspiration
- Self Care and Self Compassion
- Health & Wellbeing
- Workplace & Career (see also our subgroup for ‘Entrepreneurs, Biz Owners & Freelancers’)
- Creatives Corner (see also our subgroups ‘The Artists Way’ or our ‘GW Writer’s Group’)
- Travel (see also our ‘Travel Buddies’ subgroup for those planning trips and looking for company
- House & Home
- Find members are near you so that you can create local connections or find each other whilst travelling. (You can also disable this ‘location sharing’ feature if you wish.)
- Live Chat and Private Message functions with other members so that you can have real-time connection and support when you need it. And as we have 700+ members from around the globe, there’s bound to be someone online as you chat either individually or as a group.
- Find and create live events easily including those organised by Gateway Women including our now Online Reignite Weekends, as well as local, in-person get-togethers.
- Clear member guidelines to enable our community to continue to be the safe and non-judgemental space members have come to trust. You can read it here.
- Sensitive and skillful moderation has been a hallmark of our community and we will continue to keep a clear and compassionate eye on everything that’s posted.
- A well-designed app so that you can enjoy all the functions and benefits of Gateway Women on the move, including being able to find each other by location on your phone. (This option can also be disabled). Go to your Android or Apple app store and search for ‘MightyNetworks’ and once downloaded, search for ‘Gateway Women’ within the MightyNetworks app.
Any questions, concerns or wobbles please email us at email@example.com