- Gateway Women USA Meetup Group http://www.meetup.com/gateway-women-usa
Free, private social Meetup group for towns and cities across the US. To join, first join Meetup.com (if you’re not already a member) and then follow the link below to apply for membership of the Gateway Women Meetup group.
- Life Without Baby (US) www.lifewithoutbaby.com
Lisa Manterfield’s blog, online community, online courses & resources for women coming to terms with life as a childless woman. Lisa is the author of ‘I’m Taking my Eggs and Going Home’.
- Center for Complicated Grief (US) http://complicatedgrief.org/
Part of the Columbia School of Social Work in New York, The Center for Complicated Grief has resources for both professionals looking to understand ‘CG’ better and train in their 16-session treatment programme, and for those looking for a therapist. They also have lots of really helpful reading material and resources on their website.
- Childless by Marriage (US) http://childlessbymarriageblog.com
Writer and musician Sue Fagalde Lick’s book and blog about life as a childless stepmother and now as a childless widow living on her own.
- Childless Mormon Support (US) http://childlessmormonsupport.com/
A website blog set up by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day-Saints who, through various reasons, are living life without children.
- Childless Mothers Connect (CMC) and Childless Mothers Adopt (CMomA) (US) www.cmoma.org/cmc
Psychotherapist Dr Marcy Cole’s website, organisation and community for ‘Childless Mothers’ (by both choice and circumstance) and her project (CMomA) to connect children-in-need with adoptive or foster mothers. Marcy is a childless-by-circumstance woman herself.
- Our Spirit Babies (US) http://www.spiritbabies.org
Interfaith community events for people who have been affected by pregnancy loss, whether by miscarriage, abortion, stillbirth or for any other reason. Those mourning not being able to have children for any reason are also welcome. The website also has some beautiful photos of shrines and alters created at their events.
- Resolve (US) http://www.resolve.org
The US National Infertility Association with many local groups and a fantastic website.
- Savvy Auntie (US) www.savvyauntie.com www.huffingtonpost.com/melanie-notkin
Melanie Notkin’s US site for women without children who are aunts, godmothers or in some way ‘childful’. Also has a busy online community. Melanie Notkin also writes movingly for Huffington Post on being a single, childless woman in her mid-40s.
- The Bitter Babe (US) www.thebitterbabe.wordpress.com
An anonymous blog (no longer active, but all blogs still accessible) charting the outer and inner life of a forty-something single childless woman. Frank, insightful and culturally astute, this is the very best writing I’ve seen on the issue from a personal, sociological and cultural viewpoint. I hope she writes a book soon!
Please let us know in the comments below if you know of any other resources in this area that we might include.