To read Jody’s newsletter about her ‘Conscious Childless Elderwomen’ project – click here. Our next ‘Fireside Wisdom’ Session will be in December 2021 (near the December Solstice).
Click here to get on the mailing list for when registration opens.
Watch the recording of the #NomoCrones who gathered around the Zoom fire near September's Equinox for 'World Childless Week 2021' to talk about what it means to 'Leave a Legacy' as a childless woman.
The #NomoCrones are a group of Childless Elderwomen from all over the world that Jody Day, founder of Gateway Women, gathers around the Zoom Fire each Solstice and Equinox. The cast may include:
- JODY DAY (UK/Ireland) is 57 and is the Founder of Gateway Women, the global friendship & support network for childless women. She is a psychotherapist and the author of ‘Living the Life Unexpected: How to Find Hope, Meaning and a Fulfilling Future Without Children’. www.gateway-women.com
- KATE KAUFMANN (US) is in her late 60s and the author of “Do You Have Kids? Life When the Answer Is No”. Kate’s blog for Psychology Today, “Unapparent,” explores the lives and issues faced by the childless and childfree. She is childless due to failed infertility treatments and single after divorce. www.katekaufmann.com
- STELLA DUFFY OBE (UK) is 58, a World Childless Week Ambassador, a British/New Zealand novelist, actor & playwright, yoga teacher & a trainee therapist pursuing doctoral research into the embodied experience of postmenopause. http://stelladuffy.blog
- SUSAN DOWRIE (AUS) is 60 and a long-time member of the Gateway Women private online community, as well as having hosted the Brisbane ‘Gateway Gathering’ meetup for several years. www.gw-community.com/groups/3162351
- JACKIE SHANNON HOLLIS (US) is in her 60s and is the author of “This Particular Happiness: A Childless Love Story” about her journey to making peace within her marriage to a man who chose not to have children. www.jackieshannonhollis.com
- SUE NEWSOME (UK) is 60 and a psychosexual therapist, coach and educator www.suenewsome.com
- SUE FAGALDE LICK (US) is in her mid-60s and is the author of the memoir & blog ‘Childless by Marriage’ and most recently ‘Love or Children: When You Can’t Have Both’, as well as novels, journalism & poetry. A musician and singer, she is widowed and single. www.childlessbymarriageblog.com
- MARIA HILL (US) is in her early 70s and is the founder of Sensitive Evolution and a leader/coach in the field of HSP experience and growth. She is a long-time member and volunteer moderator of Gateway Women’s private online community. www.sensitiveevolution.com
- KAREN MALONE WRIGHT (US) is 65 and the founder of The NotMom, the site for women ‘childless by choice or by chance’ and The NotMom Summit. She now co-hosts ‘The NotMom Conversation‘ on YouTube. www.thenotmom.com
- DONNA WARD (AUS) is in her mid-60s and is the author of 2020’s ‘She I Dare Not Name: A Spinster’s Meditations on Life’ as well as a being an essayist, editor, publisher, classicist and former psychotherapist. www.donna-ward.com.au
- PAMELA TSIGDINOS is 58 and is the author of ‘Silent Sorority’ (2009), one of the earliest infertility and after memoirs and 2015’s ‘Finally Heard’ which moves beyond the personal to examine the complex inter-relationship of the psychological, social and cultural implications of ‘Generation IVF.’ www.silentsorority.com
- And other inspiring voices! If you would like to be a guest, please email Jody at email@example.com
- And if you would like to get on the mailing list to hear when new #NomoCrones gatherings are announced, subscribe here and if you’d like to hear about everything Gateway Women is up to, join our email list here.
Watch the recording of the #NomoCrones who gathered around the Zoom fire for June's Solstice. Hosted by Jody Day, Founder of Gateway Women.
For this Solstice Fireside Wisdom Session (June 2021) we discussed how the liminal in-betweeny time of being partly in and partly out of the pandemic has much in common with the experience of other things we’ve been through. And how the tools we learned from our childlessness (and other griefs) can be helpful to draw upon in these times…
Watch the recording of the #NomoCrones who gathered around the Zoom fire for March 2021's Equinox for our usual blend of taboo-busting, truth-telling, wisdom and laughter! Hosted by Jody Day, Founder of Gateway Women. To register for future free events go to www.bit.ly/gw-masterclass.
Watch the recording of the #NomoCrones who gathered together on the last Full Moon of 2020 for 90-mins of truth-telling wisdom, laughter and fireside tales to close the year. Hosted by Jody Day, Founder of Gateway Women.
Watch/read transcript from the first gathering of Nomo Crones in September 2020 for World Childless Week
To watch, click the video image above or this link. To watch the video and/or read the transcript click here To find out more about the 'Ageing Without Children' themed day of World Childless Week, click here
To hear about future #NomoCrone webinars when they are announced, click here.