As you may already know, I’m a World Childless Week ‘Champion’ which means I support the campaign and do I all can behind the scenes to make it a success, as do all the other volunteers.
However, the most important part of World Childless Week is YOU.
The World Childless Week website is created each year from scratch, featuring contributions from childless women and men from around the world. You don’t have to be a professional anything – you just have to want to contribute some writing, poetry, artwork, music, film, photography or whatever you are moved to create. It can be credited to you or it can be anonymous, whatever works best for you. Each day of World Childless Week has a theme and you are asked to contribute material that fits (in some way) which those. All contributions have to be received by the end of this month, 31 August 2019.
The Self Compassionate Heart
On Tuesday 17th September of World Childless Week, which is the Letters from our Hearts – Forgiveness day, I’m leading a free 1-hour webinar on the topic of self-compassion, and how working with it can really improve our relationship with ourselves, and help us stop beating ourselves up about some aspects of our childless ‘story’. You’ll need to register to access the webinar and places are limited to 100 participants. It will also be available to watch afterwards. Click here for more information and to register. And if you’d like to know more how about working with self-compassion can help with your recovery from childlessness, I explore this in Chapter 9 of my book.
Free ‘We are Worthy’ GW Meetups for World Childless Week
around the world on Sat 21 September
On Saturday 21st September, the ‘We Are Worthy’ day in the World Childless Week calendar, Gateway Women is hosting free GW Meetups around the world. We’ll also be hosting one in our brand new GW Meetup Group in Israel – you can join the Israel group here – it is having its first meeting this month on Friday 23 August in Tel Aviv and is open to involuntarily childless women of all faiths or none.
Confirmed “We Are Worthy” Meetups
UK: Midlands, 3pm
UK: Bristol, 7pm
ISRAEL: Tel Aviv, 12pm
If you are already a Gateway Women Meetup Host and would like to organize a ‘We Are Worthy’ meetup for Sat 21st September to celebrate World Childless Week please can you do the following:
- Please the image above “World Childless Week 2019 – 21 September – We Are Worthy’ for your GW Meetup. (Right-click it and click ‘save as’ to save the image to your computer.)
- Call your event “A ‘We Are Worthy’ Meetup to Celebrate World Childless Week” and include the link www.WorldChildlessWeek.net somewhere on your event info
- Once you have posted your Meetup in the GW Meetup Group, please let me know so that I can add the image (if you haven’t already done so) and also add it to the list above. You can email me at email@example.com
- Your ‘We Are Worthy’ GW meetup will also be listed on the World Childless Week events list (without a venue address, of course, only members of the closed, private GW Meetup group will be able to see that).
- I’d also be really grateful if you could join our GW Meetup Hosts private subgroup (nested within the GW Private Online Community on MightyNetworks) as that’s where we’re coordinating them from. (And as a valued GW Meetup Host we would be very happy to offer you the Alumni or Free Membership Rate if that would assist you in joining us).
What's your experience?