A new one day workshop designed to kick-start your Plan B for a meaningful and fulfilling life without children.
So You Don’t Have Kids?…Now What! is for you if you’re:
- A woman who wanted to have children but it didn’t work out for some reason
- Frustrated with how you are treated, perceived and sidelined by mainstream society because you don’t have kids
- Damned if you know where your mojo went and where the hell to start looking for it!
- Worried about growing old alone without children
- Furious that you ‘did all the right things’ and have ‘ended up’ like this
- Not sure what to do next, but you know that you need to do something, and it probably isn’t to ‘just adopt’ or any of the other ‘advice’ you get given!
Join Jody Day, the Founder of Gateway Women, for a one-day action-packed workshop to discover what’s next for you as a childless woman in a mummy-mad world!
During our Sunday together you will:
- Unpick the assumptions that society has about motherhood (and non-motherhood) and let go of what doesn’t ‘fit’ you
- Learn to stop beating yourself up about all the ‘wrong choices’ you’ve made which may have contributed to you not having children, and begin viewing your situation in new and more helpful ways
- Discover the dreams and goals you had for your life before you became convinced that having a baby was the only thing that mattered
- Get your Plan B going for a future that rocks!!
- Meet a fantastic bunch of women who just happen not to be mothers and who ‘get’ how hard it can be to be childless in our mummy-mad world
When, where & how much?
When: Sunday 4th November, 2012 – 10.30am – 4.30pm
Where: Evolve Wellness Centre, 10 Kendrick Mews, London, SW7 3HG
Evolve is hidden in a secluded mews just off Brompton Road, about 2-mins walk from South Kensington tube station.
How Much: £120 (Early bird of £95 if booked by 20th October)
What other participants have said:
Jody has really tapped into something very much of our time in her own unique way. While she acknowledges the grief and sadness, she also provides hope and dignity with a fresh slightly “rock chick” twist . She’s amazing, and her aspiration to help women all over the world to live rich and rewarding lives beyond childlessness is inspirational. (Miranda, 47)
Gateway Women is an absolute life-saver. Laughter and tears and finally a place where I’m understood (Amy, 40)
The only reason I didn’t crash and burn was because […] I discovered a group of women headed up by Jody herself who were to become a complete inspiration to me. (Josie, 46)
Details for regional events in Bristol, Oxford & Dublin to be announced very soon once venues are confirmed
Jody Day is the Founder of Gateway Women: an organisation she founded to support, inspire and empower childless-by-circumstance women to live fertile, passionate, meaningful lives. She works with women who are still hopeful of becoming mothers as well as those for whom that time has passed. She holds a certificate in integrative counselling and is training to qualify as an integrative psychotherapist. Jody runs groups & workshops for Gateway Women, and also offers one-to-ones for women looking to explore issues around identity, maternity & fertility. A Godmother & Aunt many times over, but never a mother, she speaks regularly at events and is always looking to share her empowering message with new audiences. If you would like Jody to speak at one of your events, or to write for your blog or magazine, please contact her at email@example.com
For priority booking for all future Gateway Women events including our soon to be announced UK regional workshops and online groups, please check that you’re on the events mailing list by clicking here.