Living the Life Unexpected: 12 Weeks to Your Plan B for a Meaningful and Fulfilling Future Without Children
A fully revised and expanded edition of my self-published (2013) book, almost 100 pages longer and almost every page updated with what I’ve learned myself (and from others) whilst navigating the life unexpected. Whilst the first book felt like ‘my’ book, this new edition, with extracts from case studies from 24 women and 2 men from around the world, feels like our book.
As reviewed in the British Medical Journal of Family Medicine & Reproductive Care as “the book to recommend to… patients when they face coming to terms with unavoidable childlessness”.
Available as a large format paperback in bookstores in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada & South Africa. Due in US bookstores from March 2017 (currently only available online, see below).
- Paperback edition available anywhere in the world, with free international delivery from The Book Depository.
- Kindle ebook from Amazon internationally
- ePub ebook version available internationally from Kobo
- Foreign language editions coming in 2017/18 (first language will be Czech)
- 58 positive reviews on Amazon.co.uk
What’s different about this book to the old edition?
Everything fully revised and updated and extensive new material in:
- Chapters 1 (Our Stories)
- Chapter 2 (You’re Not Alone)
- Chapter 4 (Working Through the Grief of Childlessness)
- Chapter 12 (Taking off the Invisibility Cloak)
Extracts from case studies with 24 women and 2 men around the world including: UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan.
Global Resources & Further Reading: fully revised and updated global resource list and extensive suggested reading in the following categories:
- Social and cultural aspects of childlessness
- The solo childless experience
- Midlife and growing older without children
- Doing your grief work
- Understanding and embracing your Inner Bitch
- Forgiving your body
- Meaning, purpose, happiness and choices
- Developing your creativity (and dealing with your resistance)
- Connecting and reconnecting to source and self-care
- Thinking about changing your work/career as part of your Plan B
- Other women’s stories