JODY DAY (1964) is a British author, social entrepreneur, trainee integrative psychotherapist and the founder of Gateway Women, the global friendship and support network for childless women.
- She is the author of the best-selling ‘Living the Life Unexpected: 12 Weeks to Your Plan B for a Meaningful and Fulfilling Future Without Children’ (Bluebird/PanMacmillan) gateway-women.com/book
- She is a founding member and board member at www.awoc.org (Ageing Without Children)
- A former Fellow in Social Innovation at Cambridge Judge Business School at Cambridge University.
- Her 10-min talk at the Women of the World Festival on ‘Creating a Meaningful & Fulfilling Life Without Children’ has been viewed over 20,000 times: http://bit.ly/jody-wow
- Jody has worked with hundreds of women individually and supports thousands online through workshops, private sessions, social meetups and private social media communities.
- Gateway Women has an aggregated reach of over 2million, between the website, various social media platforms and its global public and private communities. A breakdown can be viewed here: bit.ly/gw-audience
- Jody runs workshops, a global online community, global social events and private sessions in person or via Skype for women coming to terms with a life that doesn’t include motherhood.
- She writes and speaks out regularly on the issues, opportunities and prejudices that childless and childfree women face and is featured regularly at events and in the media.
- She was married for 16 years, has been single for several years and is childless-not-by-choice.
- Jody lives in London with her cat, who is also single and childless.
BOOK: Living the Life Unexpected (Bluebird/PanMacmillan) 25th February 2016.
http://bit.ly/ltlu-bluebird This is a fully revised and expanded edition of Jody’s bestselling self-published Rocking the Life Unexpected (2013) and has a more international focus and also includes extracts from 24 studies with childless women from around the world (and 2 men). It has already received more than 50 four and five star reviews on Amazon.co.uk It is also available in bookshops in UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada (from Oct’ 16) with more international editions in English and other languages to come.
PRESS: Gateway Women has been featured in a wide variety of broadcast, print and online media including: The Guardian, Woman’s Hour, BBC News, BBC World Service, Radio 5 Live, Sunrise TV (AUS), The Daily Mail, Psychologies Magazine, Prospect Magazine, Huffington Post, The Sunday Times, The Sunday Times Style Magazine, The Irish Independent, The Irish Times, Woman’s Own and The Sunday Mirror. http://gateway-women.com/media/press/
QUALIFICATIONS: A wide ranging career in the communications sector including PR, marketing, design, branding and public affairs, plus her own involuntary childlessness, prepared Jody to become the spokeswomen for this misunderstood and marginalised group of women. She holds a certificate in Integrative Counselling and is continuing her studies towards a Masters in Integrative Psychotherapy. https://uk.linkedin.com/jodyday
- Website: www.gateway-women.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VA: Helen Burke email@example.com
- Twitter: @GatewayWomen (often fastest way to get hold of Jody)
- Broadcast Media & Speaking Agent: Chloe Cunningham: firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)7976 786 489 (mobile)
- Book PR: Jodie Mullish @ Bluebird (PanMacmillan): email@example.com +44 (0)20 7014 6090 (direct)
update: June 2016