JODY DAY (1964) is a British author, social entrepreneur, trainee integrative psychotherapist, TEDx speaker and the founder of Gateway Women, the global friendship and support network for childless-not-by-choice women. She is the global thought leader on childlessness.
- She is the author of the best-selling ‘Living the Life Unexpected: 12 Weeks to Your Plan B for a Meaningful and Fulfilling Future Without Children’ (Bluebird/PanMacmillan) gateway-women.com/book
- She is a founding member and board member at www.awoc.org (Ageing Without Children)
- She is former Fellow in Social Innovation at Cambridge Judge Business School at Cambridge University.
- Her TEDx talk, ‘The Lost Tribe of Childless Women’ was given at TEDxHull in March 2017: bit.ly/jodytedtalk
- Her 10-min talk at the Women of the World Festival on ‘Creating a Meaningful & Fulfilling Life Without Children’ has been viewed over 28,000 times: http://bit.ly/jody-wow
- Jody runs workshops, online courses, a global online community and global social events for women coming to terms with a life that doesn’t include motherhood. She is currently training other women to lead her workshops in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and South Africa, with Australia and New Zealand on the horizon.
- Gateway Women has an aggregated reach of over 2-million, between the website, various social media platforms and its global public and private communities.
- She lives in rural Ireland with her partner and is working on a new book.
BOOK: Living the Life Unexpected (Bluebird/PanMacmillan) 25 February 2016.
http://bit.ly/ltlu-bluebird This is a fully revised and expanded edition of Jody’s bestselling self-published Rocking the Life Unexpected (2013) and has a more international focus and also includes extracts from 24 studies with childless women from around the world (and 2 men). It has received more than 50 four and five star reviews on Amazon.co.uk It is also available in bookshops in UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Canada. It has been translated into Czech with more international editions in the pipeline.
PRESS: Gateway Women has been featured in a wide variety of broadcast, print and online media including: The Guardian, Woman’s Hour, BBC News, BBC World Service, Radio 5 Live, Sunrise TV (AUS), The Daily Mail, Psychologies Magazine, Prospect Magazine, Huffington Post, The Sunday Times, The Sunday Times Style Magazine, The Irish Independent, The Irish Times, Woman’s Own and The Sunday Mirror. http://gateway-women.com/media/press/
QUALIFICATIONS: A wide ranging career in the communications sector including PR, marketing, design, branding and public affairs, plus her own involuntary childlessness, prepared Jody to become the spokeswomen for this misunderstood and marginalised group of women. She holds a certificate in Integrative Counselling and is continuing her studies towards a Masters in Integrative Psychotherapy. https://www.linkedin.com/in/jodyday/
- Website: www.gateway-women.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @GatewayWomen (often fastest way to get hold of Jody)
- Part-time Virtual Assistant (Mondays & Fridays): Helen Burke email@example.com
- Book PR: Jessica Farrugia @ Bluebird (PanMacmillan) Publishing firstname.lastname@example.org
- High-Res JPEG of portrait of Jody Day (as above) please credit Simon Fairclough
- Bio (as above) as a PDF