** Already 75% full, book soon **
£295 Earlybird by 23rd August
£350 after 23rd August
£50 deposit to book
There is life after childlessness, despite what the media, your friends, your mother and your inner bitch would have you believe! A meaningful and fulfilling life that makes sense to you because you custom-made it for yourself.
The Reignite Weekend is for you if you are:
- A woman who wanted to have children but it didn’t work out for you for some reason (infertility, didn’t meet partner, partner didn’t want (more children), chronic illness, badly timed breakup, etc, etc…)
- Struggling with relationships with friends and family as ‘the odd one out’
- Wondering where your mojo went and where the hell to start looking for it!
- Lonely and confused about your place in society when all you can see around you are mothers and families…
- Knowing that you need to make some changes to your life but feeling too tired, sad & uninspired to know that to try next…
- Worried about growing old without children…
- Furious that you ‘did all the right things’ and have ‘ended up’ like this!
The Reignite Weekend will be led by Jody Day, the Founder of Gateway Women and the Author of Living the Life Unexpected: 12 Weeks to Your Plan B for a Meaningful and Fulfilling Future Without Children (2016). The weekend is for women of any age who are reluctantly coming to terms with the fact that it is no longer possible for them to have a biological child. It has been designed to introduce you to a radically new and liberating way to view your childlessness, and to open you up to the possibility of a happy and fulfilling future without children.
Over the course of the weekend you will:
- Unpick the assumptions that the culture has about motherhood (and non-motherhood) and let go of what doesn’t ‘fit’ you
- Look at where you are holding onto unhelpful ideas and shame about the the life choices you’ve made (and the non-choices too) which have led you to ‘ending up’ without the family you hoped for
- Explore and express unresolved grief about your childlessness which our culture neither acknowledges, understands or allows (and consequently neither do we, sometimes)
- Reexamine the dreams and goals you had for your life before you became convinced that having a baby was the only thing that mattered
- Reignite your passion for your life, and and start thinking what your ‘Plan B’ is for a meaningful and fulfilling life without children
- Meet your new tribe – the wonderful, powerful, wise and funny NoMos (not-mothers). There are more of us than we realise!
Jody Day talks at the Women of the World Festival (Southbank, March 2013) on “Creating a Meaningful & Fulfilling Life Without Children”
After the workshop and into the future
The bonds that are made during the Reignite Weekend are very special and most women wish to take those friendships forward as they integrate the learning and healing from the weekend into their daily lives. As many of us have experienced, one of the unexpected and unsettling side effects of unchosen childlessness is that we may lose a large part of our friendship group as our friends move to a country called ‘motherhood’ where we can’t follow and will never fully speak the language. Having new NoMo friends to plug the gap can make coping with our situation not just more tolerable, but actually fun again! It also makes it easier to keep our friendships going with our ‘mum friends’ because we’re not so bend out of shape with a combination of resentment, jealousy and boredom!
£295 Earlybird by 23rd August
£350 after 23rd August
£50 deposit to book
Full workshop information:
- Dates: Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th September 2017
- Times: 10am – 5pm both days
- Cost: £350 for both days (£295 Earlybird if deposit or full payment received before 23rd August 2017). You can pay in full or secure a place with a £50 deposit & pay the balance later in one payment or in installments. (Installments are by arrangement – book the deposit and then email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange what works best for you.) If you book one month or less prior to the workshop the full balance is due immediately. All balances must be paid by one month before the workshop date or your place will go back on sale and your deposit will not be refundable unless your place is resold.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received more than one month before the workshop date will be refunded in full, or transferred to another workshop date, as you prefer (a one time offer only). Cancellations less than one month before the workshop will only be refunded if your place is resold.
- How many women will be there? In order to create an intimate and safe environment, the workshop is limited to a maximum of 16 women.
- Any logistical questions please email email@example.com
- Lunch & Breaks: Lunch will roughly 1-2pm both days and is not provided but there are plenty of places nearby and you can also take a refreshing walk in Regents Park which is right outside the venue. We’ll also take a morning and afternoon break of 15 mins.
- How to book a place on the workshop: click here to book.
- Accommodation: As you are attending an event at Park Crescent Conference Centre you are able to book a room at International Students House, where the conference centre is situated (normally only open to students). It’s simple student-style B&B accommodation, some with shared bathroom. Ask for a room NOT above the bar if you are a light sleeper. Click here to arrange accommodation. Another affordable option is the Quaker run B&B The Penn Club, about 15-mins walk away. If you don’t mind a 5-stop London Underground Tube journey to the workshop, the London Central City Road Travelodge (which is based in the ‘City’ Financial District) has very affordable rooms (around £50) at the weekend. This is when the area is very quiet but ask for an upper floor room facing the Inner Courtyard for maximum quietness. You can also find very affordable and central rooms to stay in on AirBnB
- Disabled Access: The workshop room, toilets and rooms at the Park Crescent Conference Centre are fully accessible. Please let us know if you wish us to reserve a disabled parking space for you, or if you have any other needs that we can support you with.
- Who is the Reignite Weekend suitable for? Women of any age, partnered or solo, who wanted to have children and for some reason, it didn’t work out. If you’re keen to move forward and create a meaningful and fulfilling life without children, it’s for you.
- Where: Park Crescent Conference Centre, International Students House, 229 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PN (30 seconds from Great Portland Street tube station) Click here for map and transport information.
- Any personal questions: for example about whether the workshop is right for you, or anything of a personal nature, please email Jody directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- One of these gorgeous first floor rooms is the venue for the Reignite Weekend Workshop
Some feedback from women who’ve taken part in the Reignite Weekend:
It was such a supportive and brilliant course – so great to meet and share time with other Gateway Women, and it allowed me to challenge myself and see my way forward to my Plan B. Jody brilliantly guided us with great sensitivity and provided a variety and depth of exercises both for helping us to learn to heal and practical for Plan B – Many many thanks (Tilly, 48)
I can’t describe the massively positive effect finding GW and attending a Reignite Weekend has had on my outlook, my life, my relationships, my ability to smile at babies and their mums again! (Kate, 43)
After getting to a very low point I thought I’d try the workshop. It was a great weekend. Just having the chance to think and explore my feelings with likeminded people was so helpful. Jody knew how to create a safe space and she opened my mind to the possibility of seeing my situation in a different light. (Leila, 39)
The course was excellent. Jody has created a well structured, clear and relevant course which helped me to understand the trauma I’ve been struggling though after finding out that we can’t have children. Jody is also a very gifted facilitator who managed to give us time to share and to reflect. I met some amazing women on the course whose stories of facing difficulties with so much dignity and courage will stay with me. Thank you to Jody and my fellow Gateway Women for giving me hope. (Janet, 47)
I attended the Reignite Weekend and I wholeheartedly recommend it. If you are feeling unsure about whether to go, I would say definitely do it. You will be in safe hands and in a very safe environment, sharing with other Gateway Women really helps and the exercises that Jody goes through really get you thinking – in a good way. (Laura, 42)
I have been stuck in grief for a long time that hasn’t been shifting. Jody helped me to understand exactly what I was feeling and why. Home now – I feel lighter, more positive and more gentle inside than I have felt for ages (Becky, 52)
It was amazing to realise I wasn’t alone, other women shared the pain, anguish, fear that I did, each with their unique story and each wanting their life to move on, but not sure how or where. I took the plunge and signed up for the workshop not knowing what to expect, or if it “was my sort of thing” and it was the best thing I could have done. (Kristian, 42)
Jody has really tapped into something very much of our time in her own unique way. While she acknowledges the grief and sadness, she also provides hope and dignity with a fresh slightly “rock chick” twist . She’s amazing, and her vision to help women all over the world to live rich and rewarding lives beyond childlessness is inspirational. (Sydney, 47)
I attended this weekend with some ‘butterflies’ but it’s ended up being one of the best things I could have done. I’m more equipped than before I attended the event for moving on and getting to grips with my plan B. Best thing though was meeting the other Gateway Women and seeing I’m not alone… (Faye, 41)