There is life after childlessness, despite what the media, your friends, your mother and your inner bitch would have you believe! A meaningful and fulfilling life that makes sense to you because you custom-made
There is life after childlessness, despite what the media, your friends, your mother and your inner bitch would have you believe! A meaningful and fulfilling life that makes sense to you because you custom-made it for yourself.
This Gateway Women Reignite Weekend is for you if you’re:
- A woman who wanted to have children but it didn’t work out for any reason: infertility; didn’t meet a willing or suitable partner; your partner didn’t want (more) children; a chronic illness; a badly timed breakup, etc, etc. There are so many ways this can happen;
- Struggling with relationships with friends and family as ‘the odd one out’ and really missing having a supportive group of women friends to journey through life with;
- Wondering where your mojo went and where the hell to start looking for it!;
- Lonely and confused about your place in society when all you can see around you are mothers, grandmothers and families;
- Knowing that you need to make some changes to your life but feeling too tired, sad & uninspired to know what to try next;
- Worried about growing old without children and grandchildren;
- Furious that you ‘Did all the right things’ and have still ‘ended up’ in this difficult position;
- Ready for a Plan B (C, D or Z!) but are either convinced that you’ll screw it up, or scared that you’ll never find a meaningful alternative to a life centred on motherhood.
TOTAL COST: GBP £395.00 / approx. USD $ 515,- inc. Irish VAT at 23%)
BOOK WITH A DEPOSIT OF GBP £125 / approx. USD $163,-
All currencies are accepted and converted automatically
(Scroll down for testimonials, no-cost payment plans, and to book)
Your Reignite Weekend is led by Kelly Brandt who is a licenced Gateway Women workshop facilitator
KELLY BRANDT (USA) is a licensed Gateway Women Reignite Weekend Facilitator and lives in San Marino, California with her husband. Childless herself due to infertility and early-term loss, Kelly travelled to the UK in 2014 to attend a Gateway Women retreat which had such a profoundly positive impact on her own recovery from childlessness that she wanted this work to be available in the USA. She has since qualified as a Certified Grief and Bereavement Facilitator (Glendale Adventist Hospital training) and also co-facilitated a Reignite Weekend jointly with Jody in Pasadena in July 2016 before becoming a licensed Gateway Women Reignite Weekend facilitator in 2017. In 2019 and 2020 she led a very moving non-denominational service of remembrance for the children that live only in our hearts for World Childless Week. Now in her fifties she is a qualified Pilates instructor and massage therapist and a co-host of the ‘Fitness and Movement’ group within the Gateway Women Membership Community, Kelly understands how necessary it is that our bodies, not just our minds, are part of the process of healing from childlessness – extending this belief and, as part of her ‘Plan B’, Kelly recently became a Certified Mindful Outdoor Guide. She has been a local Gateway Gathering Host since 2015 and has been leading Gateway Women Reignite Weekends in the USA since 2017. You can contact Kelly directly at email@example.com and find out more about in-person Reignite Weekends led by Kelly in California here.
Over the course of this Reignite Weekend you will:
- Unpick the assumptions that the culture has about motherhood (and non-motherhood) and let go of what doesn’t ‘fit’ you;
- Look at where you are holding onto unhelpful ideas and shame about the life choices you’ve made (and the non-choices too) which have led you to ‘ending up’ without the family you hoped for;
- Explore and express unresolved grief about your childlessness – grief which our culture neither acknowledges, understands nor allows (and consequently, neither do we, sometimes);
- Reexamine the dreams and goals you had for your life before you became convinced that having a baby was the only thing that mattered;
- Reignite your passion for your life and start thinking what your ‘Plan B’ might be for a meaningful and fulfilling life without children;
- Meet your new tribe – the wonderful, powerful, wise and funny Nomos (not-mothers). There are more of us than you realise and we’re not the bunch of ‘weeping weirdoes’ you might fear! In fact, we’re a pretty amazing and courageous bunch of women.
More details and to book:
- Public Health Issues due to Coronavirus: Should the workshop need to be cancelled for public health reasons, we will refund 100% of your booking fee or, should you prefer, transfer your fee to the rescheduled date. We are unable to refund any travel or accommodation costs, so please make sure any bookings you make are fully refundable.
- Dates: Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th June, 2022
- Times: 9.00am – 5pm (both days)
- Total Cost: GBP £395 / approx. USD $515 (inc. Irish VAT at 23%), bookable with a GBP £125 deposit / approx. USD $163,-. This includes lunch, coffee and tea on both days. All currencies are accepted and converted automatically. Go to the bottom of the page to book and once we receive your deposit, we will email you with bank details for you to transfer the balance in your local currency, or our PayPal details if you would like to pay it by credit card.
- No Cost Payment Plans: We are happy to discuss extended payment plans, at no extra cost to you and in your local currency if that makes it possible for you to attend. Please contact Kelly if you would like to request this option by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reduced Cost Places: We are sorry but we are unable to offer reduced-price places because of the significant costs involved in offering this weekend including paying Irish VAT at 23%, event hire & costs, catering, facilitator training, fees & supervision, indemnity insurances, marketing, management, administration, and many other digital and invisible costs. For full transparency about Gateway Women’s finances, click here. If you are looking for low-cost support around your childlessness, we recommend that you work through the exercises in Jody’s book (you can do so alongside others in the reading group for her book in the Gateway Women Membership Community and also be sure to attend the many free GW Masterclasses and ‘Gateway Gatherings‘ that we organize. And please do join our mailing list to hear about those and/or follow Gateway Women on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Questions: If you have any questions prior to booking (or afterwards) please contact Kelly directly at email@example.com
To book, please go right to the bottom of this page.
- Lunch & Breaks: Lunch will roughly 1-2pm both days and, for this workshop and is included. If you have any dietary restrictions you are welcome to bring food to store in the kitchen refrigerator. We’ll also take a morning and afternoon break of 15 mins where tea/coffee/water will be provided.
- Where: 1050 Ave. 64 Pasadena, California 91105. The building (see image) is across the street from the lovely and historic Church of the Angels. To see the location on Google Maps click here
- Accessibility: The venue is wheelchair accesible.
- Parking: Ample free parking spaces on site and on Church Street.
- Accommodation: Courtyard by Marriott in Old Town Pasadena has accommodation close to restaurants and shopping. Our venue is in a residential area and you will need to drive or Uber/Lyft to the location from the hotel. You’ll also find rooms via AirBnB in and around Pasadena.
- How Many Women: In order to create an intimate and safe atmosphere, the workshop is restricted to 10 women only.
- Who is the Reignite Weekend for? Women of any age or sexuality, partnered or solo, who wanted to have children and for some reason, it didn’t work out. If you’re keen to move forward and create a meaningful and fulfilling life without children, it’s for you. If you are childfree by choice or still hopeful of creating a biological or adoptive family, this won’t be a good fit for you. Childless stepmothers are very welcome. If you’re not sure if it’s right for you, we’d be happy to discuss that with you before you book – just contact Kelly Brandt firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll be happy to arrange a time for a quick chat on the phone.
- What is the cancellation policy? Your fee is non-refundable. However, you can transfer (once only) to a different Reignite Weekend if needed, and if you give us at least 2 weeks’ notice. Should you decide that you are NOT going to attend (or transfer) please let us know so that we can offer your place to someone else, as there will be a waiting list for places on this weekend. We are unable to refund any travel or accommodation costs, so please make sure any bookings you make are fully refundable. Should the workshop need to be cancelled for public health reasons, we will refund 100% of your booking fee or, should you prefer, transfer your fee to the rescheduled date. We are unable to refund any travel or accommodation costs, so please make sure any bookings you make are fully refundable.
- Any other questions please contact email@example.com
Some feedback from women who've taken part in previous Reignite Weekends:
I was determined to get to a Reignite weekend eventually, and finally did. It was MARVELLOUS. The faciliators did an amazing job, creating such a lovely space energetically and emotionally. The exercises were profound, and I found the two days to be so beautifully designed to help move us through the key issues surrounding childlessness. I am so grateful that you were inspired years ago to create GW and these weekends! (Millie, 59, USA)
Having read Jody’s book (which put my pain into words – thank you) and engaged in my own personal therapy prior to the workshop, I was very much taking small steps on my childlessness journey. I have experienced bereavement in my life but had found the grief of childlessness so difficult to communicate with others, because the shame of ‘failing’ as a woman felt too much to expose directly to anyone. I have felt hopeless about life and my future and wondered how I could possibly make sense of the next 40 years, without motherhood. The workshop was hugely supportive in so many ways, deeply confronting in a positive way, and not least because it gave me a community of women that get it! I cannot describe the relief of finally being able to tell my story, and not feel pitied, judged negatively or dismissed. Instead, I was heard, validated, supported, and encouraged. Over the past few months, I have stayed in touch with the group and begun to foster friendships with warm authentic wonderful women who offer compassion at every stumble and celebration at every small achievement. Thank you. (Sarah, 46, UK).
It was such a supportive and brilliant course – so great to meet and share time with other Gateway Women, and it allowed me to challenge myself and see my way forward to my Plan B (Tilly, 48, UK).
Since the weekend, I found I was able to explain my feelings in a different way to my husband, and he was full of questions and very interested and enthusiastic about what the Gateway Women community is doing for women and the impact it can have for a social change. He then told me that what I’d learned and experienced at the Reignite Weekend had enabled him to better understand my childlessness, something that had been quite a mystery to him for many years – that our pain is not just about our deep feelings of grief (which really is quite enough!!!) but also about all the other stuff from society that gets loaded on top of it that we also have to deal with. This realization has proved to be so precious to me – and to my husband! Let me also say that the facilitators were also unbelievably kind, gentle, intelligent, brilliant and wonderful (Hilda, 45, Germany).I was very daunted (as I’m sure everyone is) about the workshop itself, but adding in the money and the distance it was definitely taking a chance and a risk for me, and it more than paid off. The facilitators were so lovely and welcoming and really helped to create what felt like a very safe, warm and loving environment. They gave us the time we needed to speak and really be heard and responded with such empathy. Being childless is something most of us can’t speak to our nearest and dearest about because nobody “gets it” so it was very refreshing to be in a room where everybody was in the same boat (albeit different circumstances). It was the first time I had ever been amongst a group of women where I didn’t feel alien-like or inferior. I even told the ladies how surreal it was to be there in a room with them knowing we all have this factor of our lives in common (Nicola, 34, Australia).
It was a stimulating weekend. The facilitators were welcoming, empathic & ran the event with care – they are great role models too. I have taken away many positive vibes and ideas (Caroline, 60, UK).
I attended this weekend with some ‘butterflies’ but it’s ended up being one of the best things I could have done. I’m more equipped than before I attended the event for moving on and getting to grips with my plan B. Best thing though was meeting the other Gateway Women and seeing I’m not alone… (Faye, 41)
Anyway, I did want to say a massive thank you to the great facilitators for the workshop and I got a lot out of it (realizing this more as time goes on and I reflect back). I was in touch with them before the weekend and they really did provide loads of much needed reassurance about attending the weekend, which helped to ensure I went and didn’t back out at the last minute! It was really powerful hearing everyone’s’ journey and finally realising that I wasn’t alone in the way I felt about being childless. The first day was really emotional, although I recognise needed to be done in order to let things out, address buried thoughts and understand about the whole grief thing which was very enlightening. I found the second day much more refreshing and helped provide some positivity to work on – I had hoped for a magic solution, but the workshop made me realise it’s just small changes in mindset that can make the biggest difference. We’ve since had 2 Meetups which I’ve found quite liberating really and hopefully can work on establishing some new friendships (Susan, 45, UK).
The weekend definitely exceeded my expectations and the strength I received from being in the company of such strong, yet similarly hurting women, is amazing. The realisation that I’m not alone and have real people to talk to who understand how difficult it is some days to navigate such a strongly biased society which thinks motherhood is the norm is huge. But it has also given me a friendship base of fascinating women that have stories to tell that don’t involve having a child, and opinions on life who I want to spend time with and get to know better. The other thing to mention is that the facilitators were brilliant. We were all so nervous about going and all had reasons not to turn up but did make it through the door and were welcomed with such positivity and calmness. It was a tough weekend having to face up to so many decisions made in the past or thinking about what the future might hold, but to survive and start living again I need to face these things. The weekend has given me a starting point and motivation to start finding my way and a support group to call upon. Thank you for starting this and giving hope back to us all (Simone, 49, UK).
I can’t describe the massively positive effect finding GW and attending a Reignite Weekend has had on my outlook, my life, my relationships, my ability to smile at babies and their mums again! (Kate, 43, UK).
june 25 (Saturday) - 26 (Sunday) PDT