FACILITATED IN ENGLISH BY GW SISTER: KARIN ENFIELD de VRIES
(Bekijk deze pagina in het Nederlands)
€395, Earlybird before March 15th 2018 // €450, after that date
Book now with a €150, deposit
There is life after childlessness, despite what the media, your friends, your mother and your inner bitch would have you believe! A meaningful and fulfilling life that makes sense to you because you custom-made it for yourself.
This Gateway Women Reignite Weekend is for you if you’re:
- A woman who wanted to have children but it didn’t work out for any reason: infertility, didn’t meet partner, partner didn’t want (more) children, chronic illness, badly timed breakup, etc, etc… There are so many ways this can happen…
- Struggling with relationships with friends and family as ‘the odd one out’
- Wondering where your mojo went and where the hell to start looking for it!
- Lonely and confused about your place in society when all you can see around you are mothers and families…
- Knowing that you need to make some changes to your life but feeling too tired, sad & uninspired to know what to try next…
- Worried about growing old without children…
- Furious that you ‘did all the right things’ and have ‘ended up’ like this!
This Reignite Weekend will be led in English by Karin Enfield de Vries, who has been trained personally by Jody Day, the founder of Gateway Women.
Karin Enfield de Vries is 39 and lives on the Dutch/Belgian border with her British husband and 6 cats. She works in Business Transformation and Change Management, guiding people and corporate teams through transformations, as well as being a yoga teacher and singer. Childless due to a radical hysterectomy at 33 as part of her treatment for cervical cancer, she felt she was ‘spoilt for choice in support groups for cancer, but when it came to dealing with childlessness and the grief that came with it, she was met with silence’. After a long search, she eventually found Gateway Women and, despite some initial hesitation, took part both in Jody’s ‘Online Bee’ one year Plan B Mentorship Programme and also flew to London to attend a Reignite Weekend. Fluent in both English and Dutch, Karin will lead separate weekends in both languages in Holland and Belgium.
As Karin writes: The Reignite Weekend was where where I truly found my spark again and it felt like the final words of the last chapter of my childless grief journey were written there. Ever since that weekend I feel lighter, more open and accepting of myself and my situation. I still have moments that are tough – however, I now no longer let them define me as a woman. I will always be grateful for what this journey with Jody, Gateway Women and the women in this community has brought to my life. Now I want to pay it forward and bring these weekends to Holland and Belgium so that I can offer this support to women here as well. Not just to women who are childless following cancer, but to all women who are childless not by choice. I am very much looking forward to welcoming you to your Reignite Weekend! firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the course of the Reignite Weekend you will:
- Unpick the assumptions that the culture has about motherhood (and non-motherhood) and let go of what doesn’t ‘fit’ you.
- Look at where you are holding onto unhelpful ideas and shame about the the life choices you’ve made (and the non-choices too) which have led you to ‘ending up’ without the family you hoped for.
- Explore and express unresolved grief about your childlessness; grief which our culture neither acknowledges, understands nor allows (and consequently neither do we, sometimes).
- Reexamine the dreams and goals you had for your life before you became convinced that having a baby was the only thing that mattered.
- Reignite your passion for your life, and and start thinking what your ‘Plan B’ might be for a meaningful and fulfilling life without children.
- Meet your new tribe – the wonderful, powerful, wise and funny Nomos (not-mothers). There are more of us than you realise and we’re not the bunch of ‘weeping weirdoes’ you might fear! In fact, we’re a pretty amazing and courageous bunch of women…
After the workshop and into the future
The bonds that are made during the Reignite Weekend are very special and most women wish to take those friendships forward as they integrate the learning and healing from the weekend into their daily lives. As many of us have experienced, one of the unexpected and unsettling side effects of unchosen childlessness is that we may lose the easy connection we once had with a large part of our peer group as our friends move to a country called ‘motherhood’ where we can’t follow and will never fully speak the language. Having new Nomo (not-mother) friends to plug the gap can make coping with our situation not only more tolerable, but actually fun again! It also makes it easier to keep our friendships going with our ‘mum friends’ because we’re not so bent out of shape with a combination of resentment, jealousy and boredom around them… As the weekend draws to a close, we will facilitate ways to organise ongoing contact with each other, should you wish that.
More details and to book
- When: Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th April, 2018
- Times: 0930am – 1700pm
- Cost: €395, Earlybird by March 15th 2018, €450, full price after this date. Places bookable with €150 deposit (which also reserves the Earlybird price). All balances due on/before April 1st 2018. Once you have reserved your place, Karin will be in touch to arrange your payment method – either via PayPal or direct bank transfer. You can also arrange a payment plan with her at this point if you wish. Feel free to contact Karin directly about payment methods etc on email@example.com
- How to book: click here to book and pay your deposit
- Lunch & Breaks: Water and coffee is provided. Lunch isn’t included however there are also plenty of cafes, restaurants and shops nearby where you can get a tasty lunch. You can also bring a packed lunch if you prefer. We’ll also take a morning and afternoon coffee break of 15 mins.
- Where: DE BIEB, Stratumseind 32, 5611 ET Eindhoven, Netherlands http://stadskamers.nl/services/de-bibliotheek/
- Directions & Parking:
By public transport: De Bieb is a 10 minute walk from the Eindhoven Centraal Train and Busstation.
By Car: If you are coming to Eindhoven by car, please follow the route to “Stadhuisplein” where you can park your car, from there it is a 3 minute walk to De Bieb on Stratumseind.
Parking: QPark- Stadhuisplein. Please note that the inner city of Eindhoven is a paid parking zone. 2 alternative options for (cheaper) parking are behind the Pullman hotel parking “De Tramstraat” where you can buy a day ticket for € 8,50 and the same at the parking lot “De Rungraaf”. From here it’s a 5-8 minute walk to De Bieb on Stratumseind.
Link to Google Map.
- Accommodation: Accommodation in Eindhoven can best be booked by:
Airbnb.com – various spaces available in various price ranges
Booking.com – Gives you deals on hotel rooms and B&B’s in the centre of Eindhoven. Often does good deals on hotel rooms in the weekend.
- How Many Women: In order to create an intimate and safe atmosphere, the workshop is restricted to 12 women only.
- Who is the Reignite Weekend for? Women of any age, partnered or solo, who wanted to have children and for some reason, it didn’t work out. If you’re keen to move forward and create a meaningful and fulfilling life without biological children, it’s for you.
- What is the cancellation policy? Your €150, deposit is non refundable. If you cancel prior to March 21st 2018 you may request a refund of any payments made (minus your deposit). After that date, we can only refund your payments (minus your deposit) if we can resell your spot.
- Any other questions please contact Karin Enfield directly (in either English or Dutch) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact GWs Community Manager, Helen: email@example.com or Jody herself on firstname.lastname@example.org
Some feedback from women who’ve taken part in previous Reignite Weekends:
It was such a supportive and brilliant course – so great to meet and share time with other Gateway Women, and it allowed me to challenge myself and see my way forward to my Plan B. (Tilly, 48)
I can’t describe the massively positive effect finding GW and attending a Reignite Weekend has had on my outlook, my life, my relationships, my ability to smile at babies and their mums again! (Kate, 43)
After getting to a very low point I thought I’d try the workshop. It was a great weekend. Just having the chance to think and explore my feelings with likeminded people was so helpful. (Leila, 39)
The course was excellent; well structured, clear and relevant and which helped me to understand the trauma I’ve been struggling though after finding out that we can’t have children. I met some amazing women on the course whose stories of facing difficulties with so much dignity and courage will stay with me. Thank you for giving me hope. (Janet, 47)
I attended the Reignite Weekend and I wholeheartedly recommend it. If you are feeling unsure about whether to go, I would say definitely do it. You will be in safe hands and in a very safe environment, sharing with other Gateway Women really helps and the exercises really get you thinking – in a good way. (Laura, 42)
I have been stuck in grief for a long time that hasn’t been shifting. [The weekend] helped me to understand exactly what I was feeling and why. Home now – I feel lighter, more positive and more gentle inside than I have felt for ages (Becky, 52)
It was amazing to realise I wasn’t alone, other women shared the pain, anguish, fear that I did, each with their unique story and each wanting their life to move on, but not sure how or where. I took the plunge and signed up for the workshop not knowing what to expect, or if it “was my sort of thing” – and it was the best thing I could have done. (Kristian, 42)
I attended this weekend with some ‘butterflies’ but it’s ended up being one of the best things I could have done. I’m more equipped than before I attended the event for moving on and getting to grips with my plan B. Best thing though was meeting the other Gateway Women and seeing I’m not alone… (Faye, 41)